Form a Team!!!
Here's a list of Last Year's Top 5 Fundraising Teams:
- Iron Strong Team from Marshfield: $13,718
- Team Salon from Hingham: $ 9,259
- Team Emily from Hingham: $ 6,240
- Team Elena from Whitman: $ 4,561
- Team Sea Dog from Hull: $ 1,348
5 Route Options:
1. Tykes Yellow Loop: Easy flat loop in parking lot next to the Visitors Center for the youngest riders on tricycles, bicycles with training wheels, and Balance Bikes (bicycles without pedals). A parent is required to remain at that Loop and supervise their rider from the side of the Loop.
2. 1-mile Green Loop: A 1-mile paved loop.Ride it once or ride it several times! Volunteers on bikes and on foot supervise the riders. NO training wheels will be allowed on this loop!
3. 4-mile Blue Loop: A 4-mile paved loop. Ride it multiple times for a bigger challenge! Volunteers on bikes and on foot supervise the riders. NO training wheels will be allowed on this loop!
4. 3-mile Orange Loop: A 3-mile unpaved loop on mountain bike trail in the park for the novice mountain biker. Requires a mountain bike with 24” wheels or smaller.Ride twice if time permits. Plan to meet your child at a pre-designated spot, to avoid confusion. Led by members of the S.E. Chapter of the N.E. Mountain Bike Association (SEMASS@nemba.org) and Friends of Wompatuck (friendsofwompatuck.org). Volunteers on bikes supervise the riders.
5. 6-mile Purple Teen Loop: A 6-mile unpaved loop on mountain bike trails in the park for the experienced mountain biker. For ages 13-18. A mountain bike with 24”wheels or larger is required.This loop can only be done once. Plan to meet your child at a pre-designated spot, to avoid confusion. Led by members of the S.E. Chapter of the N.E. Mountain Bike Association (SEMASS@nemba.org) and Friends of Wompatuck (friendsofwompatuck.org). Volunteers on bikes supervise the riders.
There are lots of volunteer opportunities available for those ages 14 and up.
Please consider volunteering! We could not hold this event without our valued volunteers! Please visit our volunteer registration page to see all available positions and to register. We can always use volunteers…especially as Route Guides and Bike Marshals to help us direct riders around the loops. Here’s your chance to be in the action – and to wear a cool Volunteer T-shirt. Click here to Register to Volunteer, or use the button on the right. Drop us an email at email@example.com with any questions.
The Pedal Partner program is a wonderful way for riders to connect with a child who has been affected by cancer. Our Pedal Partner is truly the face of our Ride.
One of our two 2015 pedal partners is Poppy from Marshfield.
Poppy is a charismatic, engaging, and talkative three year old. She loves to be with her friends, color, do puzzles, and you can often catch her putting on a song and dance routine! Poppy was diagnosed with retinoblastoma (a tumor on her retina) at the age of 4 months. With the timely diagnosis and treatment, Poppy was considered to be in remission before her first birthday. She continues to see her opthalmologist, Dr. Ankoor Shah, every twelve weeks for an exam under anesthesia to ensure that there isn't any tumor regrowth. Throughout all of her treatments and followup exams, Poppy has never lost her happy-go-lucky disposition! With each subsequent office exam, Poppy's vision continues to improve.